OUT is the Unison newsletter for LGBT Members. Features in this edition include:
- LGBT members talk about their jobs, the difference they make and the challenges they face
- Overcoming Hate
- The LGBT Voice in Unison
- No Fly Zone
and much more – Out In Unison Summer 2017
For more information on Unison’s campaigning for LGBT members visit – https://www.unison.org.uk/about/what-we-do/fairness-equality/lgbt/
The Summer 2017 Black Members magazine includes the following features
- Black members’ issues debated at conference – including immigration and the effect of the EU referendum and the Brexit vote.
- Remembering enslaved Africans and their descendents
- Unisons Race Equality Priorities
- Holocaust Study Tour to Auschwitz Birkenau
and many more articles of interest – Black Members Newsletter Summer 2017
For more information on black member issued please visit the national website:
- What does the £1.3 billion extra money announced by the Government during July 2017 really mean?
- Advance Diary Date – Stars In Schools – 24/11/17
- Unison Equality Survey
- Croyde Bay & Unison Travel Club Holiday Offers
Well worth a read and with hyperlinks to many other interesting web sites – Schools Newsletter Summer 2017
For May 2017, members in the West Midlands Region received £143579.90 in compensation payments for Personal Injury Claims.
It always pays to be a Unison member!!
There For You are now accepting applications for help with school uniform costs.
How much are the Grants? They are one-off grants of £40 per school age child, up to a total of £120
Am I eligible? To be eligible you must be:
• A member who has paid 4 weeks subscriptions before 22nd May 2017 – the launch date of this programme
• Either receive Housing Benefit
• Or have a total net annual household income of £18,000 or less. (Note: By ‘net income*’ we mean all salary after tax, national insurance, superannuation etc, and including your partner’s salary if applicable and any benefits. However, do not include in your calculation Child Benefit, the childcare element only of Working Tax Credit if paid, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment)
• Financially responsible for the child/children
• Not eligible for funding for uniform costs from your local authority
Promotional Poster – School Uniform Grant Promotional Poster 2017
FAQs – School Uniform Grant FAQs 2017
Application form – School Uniform Grant Application Form.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21 July 2017 at Unison national office. The address is on the application form.
The branch has organised two members meetings regarding consultation on the submission to the employer for the 2018-2019 pay claim:
Wednesday 10 may 12 midday – 12.30 pm Glover Room, Stoke Town Hall
Tuesday 16 May 12.30 pm-1.00 pm Glover Room, Stoke Town Hall
A promotional poster is available for display – Pay Consultation Meetings May 2017