There For You are now accepting applications for help with school uniform costs.
How much are the Grants? They are one-off grants of £40 per school age child, up to a total of £120
Am I eligible? To be eligible you must be:
• A member who has paid 4 weeks subscriptions before 22nd May 2017 – the launch date of this programme
• Either receive Housing Benefit
• Or have a total net annual household income of £18,000 or less. (Note: By ‘net income*’ we mean all salary after tax, national insurance, superannuation etc, and including your partner’s salary if applicable and any benefits. However, do not include in your calculation Child Benefit, the childcare element only of Working Tax Credit if paid, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment)
• Financially responsible for the child/children
• Not eligible for funding for uniform costs from your local authority
Promotional Poster – School Uniform Grant Promotional Poster 2017
FAQs – School Uniform Grant FAQs 2017
Application form – School Uniform Grant Application Form.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21 July 2017 at Unison national office. The address is on the application form.
The branch has organised two members meetings regarding consultation on the submission to the employer for the 2018-2019 pay claim:
Wednesday 10 may 12 midday – 12.30 pm Glover Room, Stoke Town Hall
Tuesday 16 May 12.30 pm-1.00 pm Glover Room, Stoke Town Hall
A promotional poster is available for display – Pay Consultation Meetings May 2017
The Branch Executive Committee currently has vacancies for:
- Welfare Secretary
- LGBT Officer male – job share
- Equality Officer
- Membership & Recruitment Officer
- Education Secretary
- Communications Officer
- Youth Officer
- International Relations Officer
Job descriptions for each post are available on the latest branch vacancy bulletin – March 2017
Anyone who requires further information can e-mail Amber Robinson, Branch Secretary- email@example.com
The annual report reflects the work undertaken by the branch January – December 2016. It is well worth a read – 2016
For January 2017, members in the West Midlands Unison region received £251,400 in compensation for personal injury payments, with members of this branch receiving £3335. For February 2017, members in the region received £91,090.18 and in March £194,460.00.
It always pays to be a Unison member!!
If you are affected by the budget or have any questions relating to this, please telephone or e-mail the Convenor who covers your directorate.
City Director & Governance – Amber Robinson – Branch Secretary – mobile 07786 330404 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Services Section of Children & Families, Housing & Customer Services, Place Growth & Prosperity, School Support Staff – Brian Tomkinson – Convenor – mobile 07767 814284 email email@example.com
Children & Families (apart from Learning Services), Finance, Public Health & Adult Social Care – Justin Ashton – Convenor – mobile 07880 966510 email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not a member and wish to join, please contact us and we can talk through the benefits of membership and bring you a membership form.