During October 2017 members in the West Midlands Region received £96,959 in compensation payments for Personal Injury Claims. For November 2017 the figure was £542,438 and for December £90,648.00.
A rather quiet period for members of our branch but it still always pays to be a Unison member!!
Our delegate to the Unison National LGBT Conference held in Brighton 17-19 November 2017 has produced an excellent report.
- A first time delegate’s experience
- Non binary inclusion
- Negotiating LGBT equality
- International LGBT issues
- Campaigning, recruiting and organising
Well worth a read – LGBT Conference November 2017
Unison’s National LGBT Newsletter – Out – Autumn 2017 issued on 28 November 2017 is also available – Out In Unison Autumn 2017
There For You are now inviting applications for their Winter Fuel Grant 2017-2018. In order to be considered the survey must also be completed and returned with your form.
Only one application per household will be considered. The maximum grant award is up to £50 and will be paid by cheque to the member.
There is a limited amount in the fund and once exhausted, no further awards can be made.
Priority will be given to anyone who has not previously received a winter fuel grant.
Eligibility Criteria apply as detailed on the application form.
Please note the following important information:
- Due to the growing number of incomplete applications that we now receive, this year we will be returning any form that has information missing. A letter setting out what information is needed along with a Freepost Envelope that can be used to resubmit their form will be included.
- The closing date for receipt of completed applications is no later than 16 February 2018. The postal address is on the application form.
Application Form & Survey – Winter Fuel Grant Application Form 2017-2018
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers – Winter Fuel Grant FAQS 2017-2018
Promotional Poster – Winter Fuel Grant 2017-2018 Promotional Poster