There For You are now accepting applications for help with school uniform costs.
How much are the Grants? They are one-off grants of £40 per school age child, up to a total of £120
Am I eligible? To be eligible you must be:
• A member who has paid 4 weeks subscriptions before 22nd May 2017 – the launch date of this programme
• Either receive Housing Benefit
• Or have a total net annual household income of £18,000 or less. (Note: By ‘net income*’ we mean all salary after tax, national insurance, superannuation etc, and including your partner’s salary if applicable and any benefits. However, do not include in your calculation Child Benefit, the childcare element only of Working Tax Credit if paid, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment)
• Financially responsible for the child/children
• Not eligible for funding for uniform costs from your local authority
Promotional Poster – School Uniform Grant Promotional Poster 2017
FAQs – School Uniform Grant FAQs 2017
Application form – School Uniform Grant Application Form.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21 July 2017 at Unison national office. The address is on the application form.
For January 2017, members in the West Midlands Unison region received £251,400 in compensation for personal injury payments, with members of this branch receiving £3335. For February 2017, members in the region received £91,090.18 and in March £194,460.00.
It always pays to be a Unison member!!
This is a special edition of the branch newsletter which reminds existing members of the benefits of Unison membership and informs non-members about the work of the branch and what is available.
Features in this issue includes:
- What is a trade union?
- There For You
- What can this branch do for you?
- I am not a Unison member but…..
- Whatever did the unions do for us?
- What else can Unison offer?
It is well worth a read – Benefits of Membership 2016
Free cold drinks were offered at our latest recruitment stall in the Crush Hall on a scorching 19 July. Other gifts included:
- Key Rings
- Stress Pigs – for those frustrating days in the office.
Look out for us at other venues soon.
Information in this edition includes:
- 175 Years of Chartism – Why The Vote Matters More Than Ever
- TTIP Benefits – What Benefits!
- Health & Safety Is Not A Dirty Word
- What It’s Like To Be LGBT In The Workplace – One Member’s Experience
Well worth a read ………. June 2016