The Summer 2017 Black Members magazine includes the following features
- Black members’ issues debated at conference – including immigration and the effect of the EU referendum and the Brexit vote.
- Remembering enslaved Africans and their descendents
- Unisons Race Equality Priorities
- Holocaust Study Tour to Auschwitz Birkenau
and many more articles of interest – Black Members Newsletter Summer 2017
For more information on black member issued please visit the national website:
The Branch Executive Committee currently has vacancies for:
- Welfare Secretary
- LGBT Officer male – job share
- Equality Officer
- Membership & Recruitment Officer
- Education Secretary
- Communications Officer
- Youth Officer
- International Relations Officer
Job descriptions for each post are available on the latest branch vacancy bulletin – March 2017
Anyone who requires further information can e-mail Amber Robinson, Branch Secretary- email@example.com
If you are not aware bullying, racism and discrimination will not stop unless we do something. Be an active Unison Black member so that we can fight the same struggle together. Let’s make our workplace and community equal for ALL by collective efforts. If we do not fight the menace nobody will fight it for us…..… togetherness makes us stronger.
If you are a Black Member and you have any issues bothering you regarding your workplace and you want to discuss with Unison, please do not hesitate to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01782236687.
Alimiyau Abdulrahaman, Black Members Officer