TUC March & Rally London – Saturday 12 May 11 am – 4pm – A New Deal For Working People – Hyde Park London
The march will assemble on the Embankment between Hungerford Bridge and Blackfriars Bridge from 11 am. It will move off at 12pm and march to Hyde Park.
The rally will take place in Hyde Park, finishing at 4pm. The web site for further information is https://www.tuc.org.uk/events/new-deal-working-people-tuc-march-rally
The branch will be joining with other Unison branches in Stoke-On-Trent to organise coach travel free of charge for Unison members of this branch. If you are interested in attending, please e-mail Amber Robinson, Branch Secretary on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your
name, telephone number, e-mail address, home address and workplace address
by no later than Thursday 29 March 2018 and we will contact you closer to the time regarding travel arrangements. Amber will also be pleased to answer any queries you my have.
The latest branch newsletter is available.
- Health & Safety Spotlight – Stress At Work
- What Have The Trade Unions Ever Done For Us – SOT Council no longer attacking terms and conditions for those who work unsocial hours
- Did you ever wonder where Unison’s colours came from?
- Ever wondered how your Local Government Pension is invested?
- When did women get the right to vote and what was the Representation Of The People Act?
- There For You – Unison’s Welfare Service For Members
Well worth a read – February 2018
Our delegate to the Unison National LGBT Conference held in Brighton 17-19 November 2017 has produced an excellent report.
- A first time delegate’s experience
- Non binary inclusion
- Negotiating LGBT equality
- International LGBT issues
- Campaigning, recruiting and organising
Well worth a read – LGBT Conference November 2017
Unison’s National LGBT Newsletter – Out – Autumn 2017 issued on 28 November 2017 is also available – Out In Unison Autumn 2017
The latest branch newsletter is now available. Featuring:
- Introducing Key Branch Officers
- TUC National Inspection Day 25 October 2017
- Unison’s Landmark Legal Victory For All Workers
- A Call To Action For Black Members Of The Branch
- Workplace Representatives
- A First Time Delegate’s Experience At The Unison National Delegate Conference Brighton June 2017
- Sue’s Snippets – Academy Conversions And School Payroll Provider Changes
The annual report reflects the work undertaken by the branch January – December 2016. It is well worth a read – 2016