There For You are offering a one off grant of £40 per school age child up to a max total of £120 for help with school uniforms.
To be eligible you must be:
- A member who has paid 4 weeks subscriptions before 14 May 2018.
- Either receive Housing Benefit (or the housing element of Universal Credit)
- Or have a total net annual household income of £18,000 or less. (Note by “net income” we mean all salary after tax, national insurance, superannuation etc and including your partner’s salary if applicable and any benefits. However, do not include in your calculation Child Benefit, the childcare element only of Working Tax Credit if paid, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment)
- Financially responsible for the child/children
- Not eligible for funding for uniform costs from you local authority.
Further information is available on the FAQs document listed below.
School Uniform Promotional Poster 2018
School Uniform Grants FAQs
School Uniform Grant Application Form 2018
The latest branch newsletter is available.
- Health & Safety Spotlight – Stress At Work
- What Have The Trade Unions Ever Done For Us – SOT Council no longer attacking terms and conditions for those who work unsocial hours
- Did you ever wonder where Unison’s colours came from?
- Ever wondered how your Local Government Pension is invested?
- When did women get the right to vote and what was the Representation Of The People Act?
- There For You – Unison’s Welfare Service For Members
Well worth a read – February 2018
The latest edition of Black Action is now available.
Features in the Spring 2018 issue include:
- Nelson Mandela Award
- Inspirational Quotes
- Managing Stress In The Workplace
- There For You
- Croyde Bay Holiday Resort
- Regional New Rounds Ups
A very informative magazine – well worth a read.
Black Action Spring 2018
The recent Health & Wellbeing Event held at the Civic Centre on 10 October 2017 was a great success.
There was a lot of interest and the cakes were yummy!!